Internet on the Go® is Committed to Protecting Your Privacy
The Types of Information We Collect
IOTG collects information about you and your device(s) in order to provide our products and services. The information we collect may include:
- Account Information: We collect information related with your particular account, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Financial and Credit Information: When applicable, we collect information about your credit card, credit history, or other banking information for account opening, billing, and collection purposes.
- Service-Related Network and Device Information: We collect information on your Internet on the Go service history, as well as information on how you use IOTG’s network, products, and services, and how well the network, products, and services are operating. We also collect information related to your specific device or equipment type, status, settings, software, and configuration.
- Location Information: We may collect information on your ZIP-code and street address, as well as where your mobile hotspot or Wi-Fi device is located. This information is generated when your device communicates with cell towers, routers, and/or other technologies.
- Internet Browsing & Application Information: We may collect information on the websites you visit and the mobile apps you use on the IOTG network, including the amount of time spent using the app or website, and how often the app or website is used.
How We Collect Information
IOTG collects information by virtue of your use of our products, services, and network. This includes collecting information in the following ways:
Information You Provide
We collect information that you supply when you purchase or use our services or products, or otherwise communicate with IOTG representatives. Some of the ways that you provide information to IOTG include:
- When you purchase or add IOTG’s products and services,
- When you contact IOTG customer service representatives online, by phone, or in person
- When you create, modify, or interact with our website or your online account
Information Collected When You Use IOTG Products and Services
When you use your IOTG device, products, or services, IOTG automatically collects certain information as we monitor the performance of our services and/or equipment. For example, IOTG automatically collects information about:
- Your device, such as what type of device is used, device location, when the device is on or off, what services are being used and general device performance issues.
- Our network performance by measuring things such as signal strength, application performance, data transmission, data failures and other network performance issues.
- When you interact with IOTG websites, IOTG collects information about your visit. This may include data about your searching, browsing, and purchasing activities on our website, as well as your IP address, account information, mobile device telephone number, web addresses of the websites that you come from and go to next, and information about your internet connection.
- We use this information in order to deliver more relevant and accurate marketing messages, as offerings may vary depending on where you live. We also use this information to manage the frequency with which you see certain advertisements. In addition, we use this information to review and maintain the effectiveness of our websites.
Information Provided by Third Parties
Other sources also provide IOTG with information. For example, IOTG receives information from
- Credit agencies who assist with customer credit-related decisions,
- Marketing companies who provide leads, contact information, and social media information, and
- Companies that collect consumer demographic and interest data.
How We Use the Information
IOTG uses the information it collects in a variety of ways, including:
- To provide you with devices, products, and services
- To bill you for use of the products and services and maintain billing records
- To maintain a record of your interactions with IOTG
- To help you with service, product, and network-related issues
- To manage, improve, and protect the integrity and security of our network
- To improve our services and network
- To inform you about product and service updates, offers, and promotions that may be of interest
- To comply with laws and regulations
- To prevent and investigate fraud, illegal activities, and violations of our Terms and Conditions
We may use certain information you have provided, such as preferences expressed by use of our websites or through use of our products and services to provide you with marketing information related to IOTG products and services that may be of interest. We may provide these ads on our websites or mobile applications. This is part of our service relationship, and you may not opt-out of receiving this type of advertising.
Third Party Advertising
We will only share your personal information with third party companies for them to use for their own marketing purposes when we have your consent.
When you visit IOTG’s website or utilize your device, you may see third-party advertisements. Certain advertisements are placed by companies, known as ad servers, which place ads on behalf of other third parties. These companies may place and access cookies on your device to collect information about your visit to the website. Any information they collect from IOTG’s website does not identify you personally. The information collected may be used with other data to help advertisers reach target audiences and tailor advertisements to interests they infer from your use of our and other websites. If you chose to interact with advertisers who place ads on any of IOTG’s website, the information you provide to those third parties is subject to their terms and conditions and privacy policies. Any interactions with ads on IOTG’s websites may lead to further targeted advertisements on our website or other websites where those ad servers are present.
We may permit advertisers on IOTG’s websites to place ads based on certain information that we have about you, including your products and services, geographic location, and demographic information. We do not release any personally identifiable information for this purpose. We may also include social network or other third-party plug-ins or widgets on our websites that may provide information to the associated social networks or third parties about your actions with our websites or the services that you use.
How We Share Information
Sharing Within the IOTG Family
IOTG shares customer information within the IOTG family of companies in order to communicate with you about your account, to provide products and services to you, and to develop the products and services that will serve you best. IOTG also shares information among the IOTG family in order to offer and provide you with additional products and services that may be of interest.
Sharing With the Primary Account Holder
IOTG may disclose information about an account to the primary account holder. If the primary account holder is a business, governmental agency, or another individual, IOTG may provide information about your use of the products or services at their direction.
Sharing With Third Parties
We will never sell your name, address, or phone number to those outside of the IOTG family to market third parties’ products or services without your consent.
IOTG does use third party partners for certain business purposes, and shares information with them as necessary for them to perform work on our behalf. We may also provide information that does not identify you personally to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other purposes. IOTG also shares information with third parties in order to protect your privacy and security and to enforce our own rights. In these situations, we only share your information as needed for those companies or entities to perform specific services. In addition, those companies are required to protect your information with the same level of protection that IOTG provides. As described, we share information beyond IOTG with certain other entities in limited circumstances:
- In order to comply with court orders and other legal and regulatory requirements
- To respond to 911 and other emergencies
- To assist with identity verification and to prevent fraud and theft
- To enforce our agreements and legal rights, or to advance or defend against legal claims
- To process transactions and bills and to collect payments
- As part of a corporate business transaction (i.e., a merger or acquisition)
- With your consent
Consent Required for Individually Identifiable Disclosures
IOTG will only disclose information that individually identifies customers or their devices to third parties with customer consent, which may be obtained in writing, online through click-through agreements, when you accept the terms on your device for certain applications or services, or orally via an in-store or phone contact. Implicit consent will be obtained only in certain situations (i.e., when you purchase a product and request that it be shipped to your home or business, you implicitly consent to disclosure of your name and address to a third-party shipping company in order to complete delivery).
Third Party Entities, Applications, and Social Networks
If you choose to interact with third party applications, entities, or social networks via the IOTG website, products, or devices, please be aware that the information you provide to those third parties is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those third parties, not IOTG.
How We Protect Your Information
IOTG employs a variety of safeguards in order to keep your personal information safe from unauthorized access:
- IOTG employees are trained in various privacy protections and on the proper access to, use, and disclosure of customer information.
- IOTG only permits access to sensitive personal information to those employees who have a business need to access such information.
- IOTG requires password protection to access online account information. For multi-line accounts, the primary account holder is authorized to access all account information. Other account users may access online account information only related to their device and line. The primary account holder may provide for broader or more limited access rights for other account users.
- IOTG retains information only for as long as needed for business or tax purposes, or as applicable laws, regulations, or orders require. Upon disposal of customer information, IOTG utilizes procedures reasonably designed to erase or eliminate access to information (e.g., by shredding documents, wiping media and devices, and various other measures).
- IOTG applies encryption and other security controls to protect your information that IOTG stores or transmits.
Although IOTG strives to provide the security of your personal information, no program is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that our precautions will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access personal information. IOTG utilizes incident response plans to handle unauthorized attempts to access personal information. If you become aware of a security issue, please contact IOTG’s regulatory department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IOTG does not intentionally or knowingly market to, collect information from, or solicit information online from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent. IOTG encourages parents to be involved with children’s online activities to ensure no information is collected from a child without parental consent. If you authorize a child to use IOTG’s products and services by providing them with a device associated with your account, any information acquired as a result of such use will be treated as your information in accordance with this Policy.
Customer Choice And Control
Accessing Your Information
You can access and modify your account information online at www.internet-go.com or by contacting Internet on the Go customer service.
Choices Regarding IOTG’s Use of Your Information
IOTG would like to send you certain communications about products and services that we provide. However, you may choose to limit or opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. In order to opt out of receiving marketing communications, please call Internet on the Go customer service and speak with an Internet on the Go representative who can process your opt out request.
Even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from IOTG, if you purchase Internet on the Go products or services you will continue to receive certain account and service related communications, such as invoices, customer service notices, and transactional notices.
Consumer Role in Protecting Privacy
To ensure that your personal information remains protected, IOTG encourages customers to use passwords to prevent unauthorized access to your account. Use unique, non-obvious passwords and do not share the passwords with others.
Do Not Call
Federal “Do Not Call” laws allow customers to place their telephone numbers on the national Do Not Call Registry in order to prevent telemarketing calls. Please visit www.donotcall.gov for more information. Please note that even if your number is placed on a federal or state Do Not Call list, most telemarketing laws permit companies to contact their own customers. However, you may be removed from IOTG’s telemarketing list by contacting Internet on the Go customer service.
Other Information You Should Know
Consumer Code for Wireless Services
IOTG follows the Consumer Code for Wireless Services (“CCWS”) established by the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (“CTIA”). CTIA and the wireless carriers that follow the CCWS have made a voluntary commitment to help consumers make informed choices when selecting their wireless service. For information about the voluntary guidelines included in the CCWS, please visit CTIA’s website at www.ctia.org/policy-initiatives/voluntary-guidelines/consumer-code-for-wireless-service.
California Privacy Rights, Web Site Data Collection, and Do Not Track Notices
California Privacy Rights
California Web Site Data Collection
We do not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites when you use our websites and services. IOTG provides information about the opt-out choices it makes available online at www.truconnect.com.
“Do Not Track” Notices
Because the providers of “do not track” and similar signals do not yet operate according to common, industry-accepted standards, IOTG currently does not respond to those signals. For more information on Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with these requirements, or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.
Changes to the Policy
How to Contact IOTG
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, you may contact IOTG customer service via phone, send us an email and/or submit concerns to 10440 N. Central Expressway, Suite 700, Dallas, TX 75231, Attn: Customer Service.
Wireless Coverage Map
This tool provides high-level estimates of Internet on the Go's Wireless Network coverage area. Coverage is not available everywhere and varies based on a number of factors. This is only a guide – coverage area subject to change.